The Patchwork of Life

The musings of a homeschool mom, minister's wife, Bible class teacher, and mother's caretaker who quilts in her spare time, and occasionally has time for reading and writing blogs!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Headmistress at the Common Room has introduced us all to DailyLit, a tiny piece of a novel conveniently (and insistently) delivered to your email box each day. I took a look at the selections, and chose A Tale of Two Cities. I was assigned to read this in high school, and did so, but can't remember a thing about it except that it's about the French revolution. So...since we'll be doing House of Education year 9 next year, I thought this would be a good choice. Maybe this time around I'll get a better grasp of the deep meanings...(I know they're in there somewhere :-) I read the first portion today, and felt like there were a lot of insinuations that I didn't understand, because I'm a 21st century American, but I will press on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Wow, maybe I should sign up for that. I used to really enjoy reading, now I can't seem to get myself motivate to tackle tough classics. A little at a time might be doable...

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home