The Patchwork of Life

The musings of a homeschool mom, minister's wife, Bible class teacher, and mother's caretaker who quilts in her spare time, and occasionally has time for reading and writing blogs!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Patchwork of Life

So this is the big wide world of blogs! Up to this point, I've only been a blog reader, not a blogger myself. However, I think I'll give it a try. I chose "Patchwork of Life" as a title because I am a quilter, and I see many parallels between the stitches of my quilts and the stitches of my life.

Every time I make a quilt, there is something I wish I had done differently--not necessarily mistakes, but doing things the hard way when I could have chosen the easier route. In life, many times we cannot go back and change a thing, but sometimes a situation occurs again, and we have a second opportunity to get it right.

Every time I make a quilt, I learn better how to choose carefully the colors and fabrics, because a wrong choice can make a big difference in the overall effect of the quilt. Our lives are filled with many choices, and sometimes a poor choice affects all the rest of your life, and how it turns out.

Every time I make a quilt, there is someone or some situation I am thinking about as I stitch. It may be a new baby in the family, or it may be a tragedy on the news that I can't stop thinking about. Those thoughts are intertwined with my stitches, and become a part of my quilt, so that I think of them when I see the quilt again.

May the stitches of your life and the patches you choose combine to make a beautiful life in the end!

3 Comments:

Blogger Doyle Bruce said...

Wonderful looking blog. As I read, I thought of many quilts that you have made out of love and thoughts. Keep on stitching away... You are making the most beautiful "patchwork of life"! I love you...Daddy

9:20 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Judson said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I found you through a link at The Common Room, in case you were wondering.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Beautiful analogy!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home