The Patchwork of Life

The musings of a homeschool mom, minister's wife, Bible class teacher, and mother's caretaker who quilts in her spare time, and occasionally has time for reading and writing blogs!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Things No One Ever Told Me...

When my homeschooled children were small, no one ever told me that eventually they would grow up. Oh, yes, people said, "How will you ever teach them chemistry!" And I just thought of my medical technology degree and smiled. But no one ever told me what beautiful people they would become.

No one ever told me that grown up kids really do learn how to spell eventually, with occasional help from the spellchecker, despite the umpteen spelling programs I've purchased and discarded.

No one ever told me that grown up kids have an excellent sense of humor, and there would be times of family laughter and jokes that I never imagined.

No one ever told me that grown up kids could learn so much more that I ever knew at their age, or even today--that they could have such great insight into deep theological ideas.

No one ever told me what tremendous pleasure and pride I would feel in reading things that my children have written--really awesome, imaginative stuff that other people compliment again and again.

If I had known that grown up kids were so much fun, I think I would have been willing to overlook a few more diaper days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Amen! Sometimes I feel guilty about having so much fun with my "kids". I never really even noticed they were teenagers! =) Blessings ~ Patricia

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home