The Patchwork of Life

The musings of a homeschool mom, minister's wife, Bible class teacher, and mother's caretaker who quilts in her spare time, and occasionally has time for reading and writing blogs!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Quilting Accolades


My quilting guild held an auction this month, and I thought a miniature quilt might be a good item to donate. It is pictured here, and measured 8" by 9". My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary that night, so we stopped in to see how the auction was going. Much to my amazement, this little quilt racked up $220 in bids, and was the most expensive item auctioned! All I could think was "Wow!" I never imagined it would bring so much. Some people think I'm crazy for making such little quilts, but they sure take a lot less fabric, and I get quite a sense of accomplishment when I'm done. I've also been wrestling with machine quilting a queen size quilt for a wedding gift, and I was just vastly relieved when it was done. Just thought I'd tell you what the quilter's been up to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home