The Patchwork of Life

The musings of a homeschool mom, minister's wife, Bible class teacher, and mother's caretaker who quilts in her spare time, and occasionally has time for reading and writing blogs!

Friday, February 23, 2007

QBQ!

I was listening to Dave Ramsey the other day, and he had a guest on named John Miller. He has written a book called QBQ! The Question Behind the Question, and was talking about it. You may think that's a weird title, but it's actually a very interesting concept. Basically, when problems arise, instead of asking the usual questions, such as "Why is this happening to me?" or "When is so-and-so going to fix this?", the question behind the question is, "What can I personally do to make this situation better?"

Mr. Miller, of course, speaks to business people about his concepts, but I can see where this would work in just about any area of life. My husband and I have been working for churches all our married life, and seen numerous situations arise where this would be helpful, and would have eliminated a lot of finger-pointing and blaming others. The results of asking this question and following through with it leads to personal accountability, and better productivity for your team members, whether they be your family, your church or your business associates.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nione said...

That's a very interesting concept. I think I'll read that book, once I get a chance. If everyone asked themselves that question, this world would be oh, so much better!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love Dave Ramsey! He has billboards around Houston that say "Act Your Wage!" :)

You are right about QBQ. Basically if we all focused on how we can change and our circle of influence (that's from 7 Habits) we would be calmer and the world would improve.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home