The Patchwork of Life

The musings of a homeschool mom, minister's wife, Bible class teacher, and mother's caretaker who quilts in her spare time, and occasionally has time for reading and writing blogs!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Make it from scratch!


Recently, I had plenty of laundry to do, and I remembered how I was really needing a new clothespin bag. I'd already worn out one from Goodwill, another from Wal-mart, and now the plastic bag the clothespins came it was in shreds. I really didn't feel like a long involved sewing project, so I just grabbed a pair of jeans my son had outgrown, whacked off the legs, and sewed across where I had just cut with a zigzag stitch. Voila--a clothespin bag! I used ribbon to tie it onto my laundry basket, through the belt loops. I was finished in 15 minutes, and ready to launder the world. My son thought it was cool--"Was that my jeans?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea. I bet that it will be very durable for you!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your recycled jean bag idea for clothes pin. There are so many uses for old jeans! Thanks for your MIFS posting.

RecycleCindy
http://www.myrecycledbags.com

11:49 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

Easy and cute! Great idea!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home